Cookie Rehab Clinic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cookie Rehab Clinic

Cookie Rehab Clinic[LAME] forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

15/4/09 GvG Report

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drag0n
Sheep boy
Drag0n

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Under the Weeping Moon (+2) - imperial, triple frontline + dual ranger
Just Resign Pls (+2) - Jade, "rawr spike"
Last Whiskey Odyssey (+2) - Hunters, LoD Balance

First match we had some trouble with at the start as our backline were dchopped spammed and dropped forcing us to fall back. Also it was difficult to linger multiple targets. However we turtled our base, fought them in the joke and with some time kills pushed them out and won easily from the point.
Second was won with almost no problems. They got the odd spike through but we out-pressured them extremely easy.
Third was also a convincing win. After a blip at the start where the monks were owned by a dom mes, their frontline overextended and after relieving pressure we pushed them back rest of the match.

Personal Points:
Still not weapon switching enough
Overextended at the start on jade, watch position at start
Needed to lineback earlier on hunters when the monks were pressured out
Back to top Go down
Vocal

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:34 pm

The first match was by far the hardest. The sword warrior especially was constantly getting lucky hits through aegis + guardian(I suspect unblockable skills), and conditions were not cleared enough, which compounded the pressure. I was feeling more or less fine this match, although I got in most of the preprots, my position was a bit out of line.

The second match was actually one of the easiest. Spike builds are by far our strongest point, as both Sam and I have really good reflexes(spirit bond and infuse went up really quickly). The only problem was that I had to concentrate, and I was getting sleepy at that point(damned medicine).

I was pretty much half asleep during the start of the third match. The first part had me getting 2 skills diverted(got pblocked once, too) even though I could have easily canceled or just not casted. When Sam died I had a sudden boost of energy(partly because I really didn't want to make the guild lose this match), and started to actually pay attention and preprot correctly, as well as scream for linebacking and defense.

Points for warriors:
Need to lineback when monks call for it. If monks call for it, it means they are in trouble. Their warriors were sitting in frenzy with no reprise whatsoever, so it was burning both Sam and my energy. At one point I nearly had to burn my high set, which shouldn't happen in a span of 1 minute.

Points for backline:
Positioning is very important to save energy. Warriors and to a certain extent the midlines are the only ones who should be in range of the other team's damage. The moment we 60 AL squishies go out of position into our opponent's frontline, we burn energy which could easily go somewhere else that is actually more worth it. When I went out of position, sam had to waste his heals to save me. When sam went out of position, I unloaded my prots to save him. All these energy could have been put to better use to clean melee, or to make sure our midline doesn't die so that they can add pressure to their party.

Points for midline:
The ranger should not hesitate to interrupt the dom mes, even if the dom mes has resolve. Resolve costs a lot of energy to maintain, and even throwing an interrupt on a resolved diversion costs the mesmer a lot of energy, which all adds up to less energy to cast diversion and other annoying hexes.

Personal points:
If I feel that I cannot concentrate, I should not risk playing. We would probably lost the 3rd match if I continued to play sloppily.

Positioning and preprotting is also something I still need to brush up on. Weapon swapping seems to be second nature to me, now. I swap to shield sets if I am in danger, and sit on my prot staff when not pressured.
Back to top Go down
Vocal

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 pm

drag0n wrote:
Just Resign Pls (+2) - Jade, "rawr spike"

First match we had some trouble with at the start as our backline were dchopped spammed and dropped forcing us to fall back. Also it was difficult to linger multiple targets. However we turtled our base, fought them in the joke and with some time kills pushed them out and won easily from the point.
Second was won with almost no problems. They got the odd spike through but we out-pressured them extremely easy.
Third was also a convincing win. After a blip at the start where the monks were owned by a dom mes, their frontline overextended and after relieving pressure we pushed them back rest of the match.

Personal Points:
Still not weapon switching enough
Overextended at the start on jade, watch position at start
Needed to lineback earlier on hunters when the monks were pressured out
The second match is actually a common variation of omegaspike, which uses 2 warriors instead of 1 spike caller.
Back to top Go down

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:33 am

Just Resign Pls (+2) - Jade, "Omegaspike Variation" (FIXED)

Game 1: Not many improvements for me here. The early wipe was unpreventable due to lack of knowledge of what we were facing. I could (and did) spam kaolai/recup with the best of them; but pressure relief was minimal. They got a boost (or 2) but that was out of my jurisdiction (we were in the base :p) A good call from the team and my coaxing our frontline back futher forced an opposition wipe in the choke. Obaby.

Team Improvements: Defile Defenses > Parasitic Bond.

Game 2: Good overall team play; early opposition spike caught the backline off guard but a good push won us the game. I died in the coral to warrior. I have since enlarged my compass Wink

Improvement: Isn't that fucking obvious?

I need to weapon switch more.

Game 3: Sam died; lucky dom mes :p
In all honesty they were fucking awful and the footmen are now my best friends.

Improvements: I can't multitask all too well, so changing the song on my ipod and firing the catapult is my limit. I'm sorry I didn't snare their runner but he went off to the side and just stood there. For the rest of the game. What a fucking awful runner. Trust me, I know how to tell these things. Wink
Back to top Go down
Matt
Mr Muscles
Matt

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 6:45 am

On the note on interupting dom mezzes even if they have mor, i see no problem with it but from my perspective, i see it much more effective for the ranger to get the aegises as his primary target and if he knows he will have the rupt recharged for aegis cast then he can throw it on the dom mez.

In the first match i think my main problem at the start was a lack of knowledge of the build and thus i didnt really know whether i shud have line backed or monk stomped thus we died.

the second match was a very easy win, they got one spike off and we flawlessed the rest of the match with ease.

The third and final match was balanced with a lod and a dom mes, we pressured through it in about 1 minute and continued to do the same and once again the only managed to get 1 kill off(due to vocal being on drugs)

personal points:
1.When i see a team that is a lot worse than us i shudnt just monk stomp and try to end it quick, because there is a reason we are higher than them and i should continue to follow the tactics i normaly use.
2.Use dash a bit more, not to cancel frenzy, but i find myself aimlessly chasing targets sometimes, so i should either dash to it or switch targets.
3.Try not to make our guild the most hated out of the gvg community-thats my bad scratch
Back to top Go down
https://cookierehabclinic.forumotion.com
Vocal

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 2:35 pm

Matt wrote:
On the note on interupting dom mezzes even if they have mor, i see no problem with it but from my perspective, i see it much more effective for the ranger to get the aegises as his primary target and if he knows he will have the rupt recharged for aegis cast then he can throw it on the dom mez.

In the first match i think my main problem at the start was a lack of knowledge of the build and thus i didnt really know whether i shud have line backed or monk stomped thus we died.

the second match was a very easy win, they got one spike off and we flawlessed the rest of the match with ease.

The third and final match was balanced with a lod and a dom mes, we pressured through it in about 1 minute and continued to do the same and once again the only managed to get 1 kill off(due to vocal being on drugs)

personal points:
1.When i see a team that is a lot worse than us i shudnt just monk stomp and try to end it quick, because there is a reason we are higher than them and i should continue to follow the tactics i normaly use.
2.Use dash a bit more, not to cancel frenzy, but i find myself aimlessly chasing targets sometimes, so i should either dash to it or switch targets.
3.Try not to make our guild the most hated out of the gvg community-thats my bad scratch

Rangers weren't supposed to camp one target for the rest of the game; could simply just glance every 30 seconds or so at the mesmer. Interrupting diversion at such an interval could be considered as e denial. It's like debil shot if you do the math.
Back to top Go down
Matt
Mr Muscles
Matt

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm

thats just what i said in a more plain sense.
Back to top Go down
https://cookierehabclinic.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

15/4/09 GvG Report Empty
PostSubject: Re: 15/4/09 GvG Report   15/4/09 GvG Report Empty

Back to top Go down

15/4/09 GvG Report
Page 1 of 1