Cookie Rehab Clinic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cookie Rehab Clinic

Cookie Rehab Clinic[LAME] forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Dervlightful Reunion

Go down 
+2
Matt
Obsi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Obsi
Fashion Designer
Obsi

A Dervlightful Reunion Empty
PostSubject: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion EmptySun May 30, 2010 7:40 am

Obs' Spike

[build prof=Assassin/Warrior][Shadow Prison][Dismember][Agonizing Chop][Way of the Master][Assassin's Remedy][Flurry][Dark Prison][Dash][/build]
[build prof=Dervish/Ranger][Dual Shot][Savage Shot][Favorable Winds][Attacker's Insight][Kindle Arrows][Vow of Strength][Natural Stride][Resurrection Signet][/build]
[build prof=Dervish/Ranger][Dual Shot][Savage Shot][Distracting Shot][Attacker's Insight][Kindle Arrows][Vow of Strength][Natural Stride][Resurrection Signet][/build]
[build prof=Mesmer/Ritualist][Energy Surge][Spiritual Pain][Ether Phantom][Drain Delusions][Shame][Shatter Enchantment][Drain Enchantment][Death Pact Signet][/build]
[build prof=Elementalist/Ritualist][Winter's Embrace][Blurred Vision][Freezing Gust][Shard Storm][Glowing Ice][Mirror of Ice][Water Attunement][Flesh of My Flesh][/build]
[build prof=Monk/Warrior][Reversal of Fortune][Spirit Bond][Guardian][Shield of Absorption][Restore Condition][Holy Veil][Aura of Stability][Balanced Stance][/build]
[build prof=Monk/Warrior][Patient Spirit][Word of Healing][Infuse Health][Shielding Hands][Draw Conditions][Cure Hex][Guardian][Disciplined Stance][/build]
[build prof=Ritualist/Elementalist][Caretaker's Charge][Weapon of Warding][Resilient Weapon][Wielder's Boon][Protective Was Kaolai][Life][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Ice Prison][/build]

Dervish/Ranger

[build prof=Dervish/Ranger][Dual Shot][Savage Shot][Zealous Renewal][Heart of Fury][Kindle Arrows][Avatar of Lyssa][Natural Stride][Resurrection Signet][/build]

According to my maths each Dervish/Ranger can pump 185dmg each on targets that AREN'T casting. If they were casting the damage would be close to 250/300 each. I've tested the versatility of that bar, and I must admit it isn't fabulous with Avatar down. With avatar up it's fine.

Benefits?
Very high dps spikes with spread damage. Fire dmg + piercing/elemental dmg to bypass most shield sets. Entirely ranged and energy can be managed. Versatile if need be. Not tested vs. MB ele's but taking into account the probability of hitting against casting targets is increased I'd say its a win. Little downtime on Avatar all things considered. Plus you look fucking cool as a Dervish. The new turret (?)

Negatives?
You can't push anywhere near as hard as a ranger because of little stances, and as such you are weaker. However, the overall aim of the bar is spike hard, which is what it does. Splitting is less successful than other bars, i.e. BA/Mind Blast. Energy can be an issue if you don't allow your enchants to bleed off naturally. Reapplying will fuck you over pretty hard.

Alternatives?

[build prof=Dervish/Ranger][Dual Shot][Savage Shot][Zealous Renewal][Heart of Fury][Apply Poison][Avatar of Lyssa][Natural Stride][Mystic Corruption][/build]

Spike builds don't work without pressure, IF the overall spike damage is low. I initially used this because it can generate better poison pressure than a regular apply ranger, whilst losing a lot of versatility. With 33% poison duration bow and [Mystic Corruption] you can easily hit the 50% roof and more. Energy was the biggest issue with this bar as apply kinda eats away at it, however I think the benefits of running this over a regular crip shot/BA is the added spike dmg (91 (lol) whilst not casting, but whilst casting it's massive) and more consistent IAS.

[build prof=Dervish/Ranger][Dual Shot][Savage Shot][Mystic Vigor][Heart of Fury][Kindle Arrows][Avatar of Lyssa][Natural Stride][Zealous Renewal][/build]

If you want great versatility then this bar works well. Using a vamp bow I was able to retain almost 100% health all of the time, and the added enchantment makes energy much more manageable. Downside being the obvious, no sig.

Assassin/Warrior

Spikes every 10 seconds (in line with dual shot) and very 'ninja-y', meaning you don't ever need to run upto targets making it harder to prot (if you follow the sin). Snares mean pushing flaggers can be done, as well as falling back onto over extending targets. The problem I found with A/P's was that whilst they have the awesome movement of ["Fall Back!"] and ["Incoming!"] they can't collapse and snare individual targets, giving monks time to move into range. Snaring out of range targets is more efficient than simply charging back to them at 100 mph.

Benefits?
Utilises the versatility of a sin to the full, as well as utilising the infinite energy of a sin with its critical strikes. Deep wound which is all that's needed for spikes, as well as a follow up attack for + dmg. Flail > Frenzy to keep squishy targets squishy, and not self destruct machines. Very good map control + single target dps (collapsing).

Negatives?

Soft target and only frontline. Low pressure capabilities make it only useful for collapse killing and spikes. Teleporting can give away spikes (hex) if MoI is shit.

Alternatives?

[build prof=Assassin/Paragon]["Go for the Eyes!"][Vicious Attack][Wild Throw][Way of the Master][Assassin's Remedy][Critical Eye]["Incoming!"]["Fall Back!"][/build]

I'm not 100% on the bar itself, but the regular Assassin/Paragon can do the job just the same, it just lacks to appropriate snares which I think make the Assassin/Warrior so good. It's [Wild Throw] makes stances not a problem at all, however they can be faked out easily enough. Deep Wound is not a 100% likelihood (enchant removal can fuck you) which can sometimes be a problem.

Mesmer/Ritualist

[build prof=Mesmer/Ritualist][Energy Surge][Spiritual Pain][Ether Phantom][Drain Delusions][Shame][Shatter Enchantment][Drain Enchantment][Death Pact Signet][/build]

Very high damage on here with e-denial and shutdown ala [Shame]. Overall a generic bar, with the exception of [Spiritual Pain] which in combination with E-surge can kick out 152 dmg. Shatter spikes in between offer a lower, yet perfectly acceptable, 94 dmg. Should be enough enchant removal where it's needed with drain in tow.

Benefits?

Decent shutdown and spike damage. What more could you want? Defensive capabilities with e-denial on offensive midline. MoI can take care of melee.

Negatives?

Yet another squishy target for the monks to burn energy on.

Alternatives?

[build prof=Mesmer/Ritualist][Energy Surge][Spiritual Pain][Ether Phantom][Drain Delusions][Energy Burn][Shatter Enchantment][Drain Enchantment][Death Pact Signet][/build]

Dropping [Shame] for [Energy Burn] reduces spike shutdown at the price of another 81 damage on a spike, and another 9 e-loss for their monks outside of spikes. 10e can hurt a bit.

[build prof=Mesmer/Ritualist][Energy Surge][Power Drain][Cry of Frustration][Guilt][Shame][Shatter Enchantment][Drain Enchantment][Death Pact Signet][/build]

Since the Dervish's cannot really commit to shut down it's important to have some form of dedicated rupts. This bar using [Cry of Frustration] primarily to camp apply and rupt spikes and [Power Drain] as both e-management and general interrupting. The shame/guilt combination is great for energy and for defence/offence.

Elementalist/Ritualist

[build prof=Elementalist/Ritualist][Winter's Embrace][Blurred Vision][Freezing Gust][Shard Storm][Glowing Ice][Mirror of Ice][Water Attunement][Flesh of My Flesh][/build]

Generic water ele build. The spike damage is not bad, and the map control is amazing especially without the stupid [Shadow Walk] sins running around. Since the [Blinding Surge] nerf this is the better of either defensive midlines (according to Dragon) and in conjunction with the Assassin you can have 3 snare characters in the build, which makes closing down, collapsing or ultimately preventing splits very hard for the enemy.

Benefits?

Fine energy management and good map control. Strong defense in snaring frontline, blurring rangers/frontline. Makes Monks jobs much easier. Spike damage too and snares on spikes if the Assassin is removed.

Negatives

Easily stripped and squishy (yet another) which makes an entire party full of low armoured targets complete.

Ritualist/Elementalist

[build prof=Ritualist/Elementalist][Caretaker's Charge][Weapon of Warding][Resilient Weapon][Wielder's Boon][Protective Was Kaolai][Life][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Ice Prison][/build]

Because every flagger gets bored sometimes. The additional 50dmg is not going to be missed if it is replaced, however it will be welcomed wholeheartedly if it is being run. Remember, there's no such thing as overkill in Guild Wars. The damage on the flagger makes it easier to collapse with the Assassin or Dervish and the long duration snare (if used appropriately) is going to rape splitters without hex removal.

Benefits?

Additional spike damage. Strong survivability on splits (like any other Rit flagger) and good healing capabilities. Strong long duration snare and great energy management.

Negatives?

Long recharge on the snare making collapse less likely to kill if used at the wrong times. Less party healing than your every day monk shitter.

Alternatives?

[build prof=Monk/Elementalist][Patient Spirit][Healer's Boon][Guardian][Heal Party][Mending Touch][Cure Hex][Glyph of Lesser Energy][Storm Djinn's Haste][/build]

You know it already. Heavy heavy party healing at the expensive of individual survivability, as well as ability to keep NPC's up as efficiently.

[build prof=Ritualist/Assassin][Offering of Spirit][Weapon of Warding][Resilient Weapon][Wielder's Boon][Protective Was Kaolai][Life][Renewing Surge][Dash][/build]
OR
[build prof=Ritualist/Assassin][Offering of Spirit][Weapon of Warding][Resilient Weapon][Wielder's Boon][Protective Was Kaolai][Life][Bloodsong][Dash][/build]

[Renewing Surge] has the benefit of LOOKING like a snare to any other member of your team whilst being offensive and having the possibility of killing a splitter. The energy gained at the end can also count as energy management if you wag it enough.
[Bloodsong] is just fucking awesome so I don't need to go into much depth about it, however I will anyway! Damage is always good, and the dps is enough to make a splitter worry about pushing in, or on the flip side, lol himself into a false sense of security and find himself outpressured and dying. Also, with a low recharge and low energy cost you will always have a spirit in range for [Offering of Spirit]!

Conclusion

Here we have a fresh, innovative new build that has the potential to work if played right. A few tweaks will of course be needed to maximise clean spikes, efficient tactics and overall success. With Dervish's being so shit right now they need a boost, and there's nothing better than to have them included in a new build that could work so give it a chance.

Last edited by Obsi on Mon May 31, 2010 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matt
Mr Muscles
Matt

PostSubject: Re: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion EmptySun May 30, 2010 3:23 pm

Ive lost a lot of respect for u because u actually sat there and wrote all of that out.
Back to top Go down
https://cookierehabclinic.forumotion.com
Obsi
Fashion Designer
Obsi

PostSubject: Re: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:00 pm

Updated the Dervish/Ranger bars because now they actually pump some serious damage (they work). Energy for them is fine and with a dshot on there you can pressure with more ease. The deep wound will need to be later but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Drag0n
Sheep boy
Drag0n

PostSubject: Re: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 10:55 am

Obsi wrote:
Updated the Dervish/Ranger bars because now they actually pump some serious damage (they work). Energy for them is fine and with a dshot on there you can pressure with more ease. The deep wound will need to be later but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I love the way u read the vow of strength description...

owait
Back to top Go down
Deavon

PostSubject: Re: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:50 pm

When playing with the other builds sometimes i would jump in a bit late then obviously the deep wound was later and that made spikes more clean (some how) ;D
Back to top Go down
Reed

PostSubject: Re: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:36 am

Drag0n wrote:
Obsi wrote:

I love the way u read the vow of strength description...

owait

I love the way gwbb code hasnt been updated for months (on these forums i assume it never has)
Back to top Go down
Drill
Cpt'n Shitter
Drill

PostSubject: Re: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Ive lost a lot of respect for u because u actually sat there and wrote all of that out.
only a little bit of respect but matt's not that wrong
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dervlightful Reunion   A Dervlightful Reunion Empty

Back to top Go down

A Dervlightful Reunion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cookie Rehab Clinic :: Builds :: GVG builds-
Jump to: